This may be a good news for those who had scored very good percentage in their XII board exam as Marks scored in the Plus Two board examinations are going to decide your eligibility in the Joint Entrance Examination (IITJEE) for admission into the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) by 2011.
Union human resource development ministry has set up a committee of IITs professors , to suggest reforms to JEE, is expected to submit its report recommending ways to consider the marks scored by students in higher secondary examinations while preparing the IIT merit list. A meeting of all IIT directors and JEE representatives in Chennai over the weekend discussed the proposed changes.
“We hope to devise a methodology to compute a normalised Plus Two cut-off eligibility score for each educational board (CBSE, ICSE, and State Boards). once it’s approved, then only students who have scored this cut-off mark would become eligible to appear for JEE,” said IIT Madras deputy director V G Idichandy, who is heading the committee
Four years ago, IIT standing council had proposed 85% marks in XII as minimum cut off percentage for JEE but it has been reduced to 60% by considering it too high for benchmark
In the current scenario the admission processes in IITs ,nowhere consider the XII marks in process which is opposed by various committees as it totally ignore the importance of XII board exam and give rise to coaching culture
IIT-JEE 2009 - OPENING AND CLOSING RANKS FOR COURSES
IIT-JEE Counseling Brochure Tips and Tricks
IIT-JEE 2009 Cutoff, Analysis, Open and Closing Ranks of Admitted students
A Complete Analysis of the IIT-JEE
- IITJEE 2010 Exam Schedule
- IIT-JEE 2009 - OPENING AND CLOSING RANKS FOR COURSES
- JEE Book recommended by Bansal Classes
- IIT-JEE Counseling Brochure Tips and Tricks
- IIT-JEE 2009 Results Declared - Result, Extended Merit List and Toppers
- IITs change Admission Procedure from JEE 2009
- IIT-JEE 2009 Cutoff, Analysis, Open and Closing Ranks of Admitted students
- A Complete Analysis of the IIT-JEE
- IIT JEE 2009 Solutions by Brilliant-Tutorials, FIITJEE, Narayana, Resonance, Prerna, Vidyamandir, Bansal, Career Launcher, Time and Career Point
- The EASIEST way to crack the TOUGHEST EXAM - The IIT JEE
- IIT - JEE 2009 Syllabus (Chemistry, Physics & Maths)
- IIT - JEE 2009 Detailed Admission Notification (Admission Forms)
- How to apply for IIT - JEE 2009? (Online/Offline)
- Bad to worse: In IIT with just 5% in JEE physics - TOI
- FAQs On IIT-JEE - Questions You Generally ASK!!
- [NEWS] Model Answer Paper to be Available for Public Scrutiny Before Papers are Corrected
- IIT - JEE Examination Schedule - 2009
- IITJEE Simplified : Tip 3 - What is the best way to study Mathematics?
- IITJEE Simplified : Study Tip 2 - Things I should avoid?
- IITJEE Simplified: Study Tip 1 - How much should I study?
- IIT - JEE Branch Cut-off list of the 2007 admissions
- Availability of Courses In IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee, IT-BHU Varanasi, ISM Dhanbad
- Opening and Closing Ranks of IIT JEE 2007 courses allotted to General, SC and ST Candidates