Acidic Powers & Their Orders - Chemistry Fact Sheet- 1
|1.||Farther the (–I) group (Cl), lesser the acidic strength|
|2.||Farther the (+I) group, greater the acidic power|
|3.||—CH3 is electron donating and
— NO2 is electron attracting
|4.||—CH3 is electron repelling; decreases acidic strength of phenol|
|5.||— OCH3 group contains +M effect
and decreases acidic poer.
|6.||— NO2 is electron attracting; III is more resonance stabilised than I and also than II. In I, only inductive effect is operative.|
|7.||sp2 hybridised carbon of I, II are more el-ectronegative hence acid strength is inc-reased. Benzylic (C6H5CH2) is more stab-ilised than allylic (CH2==CHCH2).|
|8.||Effect of one —COOH on the other decr-eases as its distance between them increases, (COOH)2 is maximum acidic.|
|9.||—NO2 is electron attracting (–I effect)|
|10.||—OH shows electron withdrawing nature at o - and m - and electron repelling at p -, o - isomer due to intramolecular bonding in salicylate ion is stronger than m - isomer|
|12.||—NH2 is electron donating.|
- How to Prepare for IIT JEE Main 2020 during Covid
- What are the Best Books for JEE Main 2020?
- The Concepts of Chemical Equilibrium for IIT-JEE
- AIEEE 2009 Mathematics - Must have Tips and Tricks
- AIEEE 2009 Physics Last Minute Preparation Tips
- Circuit Elements, Mangetic Fields and Inductors - AC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Electrostatics and DC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Periodic Properties - QUICK notes for IITJEE and AIEEE
- Shortcuts for solving problems in AIEEE, IITJEE and other engineering exams
- Strategies of problem solving, objective type questions and others for IITJEE, MUST HAVE!!
- How to prepare for IIT JEE 2009 when you have only 4 months in your hand!
- Tips & Strategies for BITSAT, IITJEE and AIEEE 2009
- IIT JEE & AIEEE Tips for Assertion-Reason Type questions in MCQs
- Chemistry Concepts - Mole concept, Eudiometry, POAC, Limiting Reagent, Chemical Equivalence and Disproportionation reaction
- IIT-JEE Cheat Sheets - integral cheatsheet, calculus 2 cheat sheet
- The EASIEST way to crack the TOUGHEST EXAM - The IIT JEE
- IIT JEE 2010 Aspirants - Study Plan
- Top 10 Study Tips For IIT-JEE Prep
- How much YOU should study for IIT JEE
- How To Learn Organic Chemistry
- [TRICK] THE DOUBLE BOND EQUIVALENCE CONCEPT
- Step wise approach to crack IIT - JEE --- An Ex-iitians experience
- 10 golden rules to crack IIT -JEE , AIEEE and other Engineering Examinations
- Prepare for IIT - JEE : Some useful suggestions
- Start your IIT- JEE preparation today
- 10 SMALL TIPS TO CRACK AN EXAMINATION
- Expert Speak: Are you taking 11th seriously?
- CBSE and IIT-JEE are very different exams: Expert
- 7% in maths can get you through IIT-JEE
- IITJEE Simplified : Tip 3 - What is the best way to study Mathematics?
- IITJEE Simplified : Study Tip 2 - Things I should avoid?
- IITJEE Simplified: Study Tip 1 - How much should I study?
- How Can You Crack AIEEE
- Admission Help: Trends in JEE Counseling From JEE 2003 To JEE 2007
- Admission Help: What To Do After Getting Through IIT JEE
- How To Study Organic Chemistry
- Admission Help: How to choose the right Engineering Branch ?