Test papers! Exams! Couldn?t we all do without them?
Back in school, I used to dread exams! Exams formed a healthy part of the total nightmares I used to get then!
However, we cannot wish away exams just like that. Exams are important. They help us graduate to the next level of learning.
Here?s what to do to get over those exam gremlins:
1. Scan the test paper:
Giving an exam is just like being in a fight! You first need to scan the size, nature & character of your opponent; before you get down to the task of socking him in the eye!
5 minutes scanning the question paper will help you chalk out a strategy as on how to answer the questions, which ones to go for first, etc.
Trust me, 5 minutes spent earlier on will help you save a lot of time later.
2. Start with the easy stuff first:
When you are playing video games, do you straightaway get to the stage of slaying dragons? No? Similarly, it is always a good idea to go after the easy questions first & then tackle the harder questions.
Easy questions will help get your brain going, improve your focus & bring out your natural flow.
3. Learn to move on & comeback:
Cannot remember what (a+b+c)* is? Well then, big deal!! Move on to the next question. Keep your cool, you know this, it?s just that you cannot remember it. You can always comeback to that question later when you have time left.
If you spend time sweating it out on ONE question, you?ll miss out on the rest! Remember, your flow is important to keep the momentum going.
4. Allotting time to questions:
Judge the worth of a question & answer accordingly. You should spend less time on a question worth 2 marks & more time on a question worth 10 marks.
You do not want to come out of the examination hall & figure out that you left out half of the higher marks fetching questions because you spent too much time on the rest!
5. The ?keep it clean & keep it simple? mantra:
A handwriting, which resembles worms let loose on the answer sheet, will NOT win you the examiner?s friendship. Nor will it fetch you marks. Write in a legible handwriting with a presentable & logical hand. Also, read each & every question carefully no matter how simple or tough it is, only then proceed to answer. You will not earn marks for cock & bull stories!
It is always a good idea to revise whatever you put down in that answer sheet. Do not be tempted to leave in case you finish early. Now is the time to go back to the questions you missed out on. You?ll be surprised to see how many marks you have salvaged out of small silly mistakes.
Just follow the tips & above all- believe in your self. You will surely come out with flying colors. All the best!
- How to Prepare for IIT JEE Main 2020 during Covid
- What are the Best Books for JEE Main 2020?
- The Do's and Dont's for IITJEE by an IITian 2009
- Tips by IIT-JEE 2007 Topper - Achin Bansal
- AIEEE 2009 Mathematics - Must have Tips and Tricks
- AIEEE 2009 Physics Last Minute Preparation Tips
- Circuit Elements, Mangetic Fields and Inductors - AC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Electrostatics and DC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Shortcuts for solving problems in AIEEE, IITJEE and other engineering exams
- Strategies of problem solving, objective type questions and others for IITJEE, MUST HAVE!!
- How to prepare for IIT JEE 2009 when you have only 4 months in your hand!
- Tips & Strategies for BITSAT, IITJEE and AIEEE 2009
- Every IITian has created 100 jobs : A survey
- IIT JEE & AIEEE Tips for Assertion-Reason Type questions in MCQs
- IIT-JEE Cheat Sheets - integral cheatsheet, calculus 2 cheat sheet
- The EASIEST way to crack the TOUGHEST EXAM - The IIT JEE
- Tips for succeeding in BITSAT - Tips For You
- IIT JEE 2010 Aspirants - Study Plan
- Top 10 Study Tips For IIT-JEE Prep
- How much YOU should study for IIT JEE
- How To Learn Organic Chemistry
- [TRICK] THE DOUBLE BOND EQUIVALENCE CONCEPT
- Step wise approach to crack IIT - JEE --- An Ex-iitians experience
- 10 golden rules to crack IIT -JEE , AIEEE and other Engineering Examinations
- Prepare for IIT - JEE : Some useful suggestions
- Start your IIT- JEE preparation today
- 10 SMALL TIPS TO CRACK AN EXAMINATION
- A Complete Guide To IIT - JEE
- IIT Director questions the IIT- JEE pattern
- Expert Speak: Are you taking 11th seriously?
- CBSE and IIT-JEE are very different exams: Expert
- 7% in maths can get you through IIT-JEE
- Tips From IIT JEE 2008 Topper
- IITJEE Simplified : Tip 3 - What is the best way to study Mathematics?
- IITJEE Simplified : Study Tip 2 - Things I should avoid?
- IITJEE Simplified: Study Tip 1 - How much should I study?
- How Can You Crack AIEEE
- Admission Help: Trends in JEE Counseling From JEE 2003 To JEE 2007
- Admission Help: What To Do After Getting Through IIT JEE
- How To Study Organic Chemistry
- Interview Of An AIR 25th Student
- Admission Help: How to choose the right Engineering Branch ?