Things you should start avoiding immediately
Remember that for next 2 years you have to give your best to get admission in a good college. So to take out 55 hours every week, you need to sacrifice some of your time sucking activities.
If you are involved in any of the following activities mentioned below, I suggest you should stop it immediately:
Avoid too much socializing: Avoid too much talking on phone with your friends. Not more than 15-30 minutes every day. Keep yourself away from family discussions. Don’t get into arguments with parents and brothers/sisters. It just wastes your time and energy. Be selfish to focus on your career. Say NO or avoid social functions and visits at relatives.
Avoid long hours on TV, Internet and games: TV serials, movies, matches are real time and energy suckers. If you are too much into TV, cut down immediately. Don’t spend more than 1 hour in front of TV every day.
Internet is the biggest addiction of all time. Real time sucker. Don’t sit on computer for more than 1 hour unless you have to appear for 100percentile tests. To save your time you need to choose TV or Internet browsing or video games. Don’t spend more than 1 hour average daily on any of these activities.
Avoid outdoor sports: Those who are playing physical games a lot should reduce them or should stop them. These games are very tiring. If you are physically tired, you would not be able to concentrate on studies. So for physical activities, I suggest evening walk or light exercise either in the morning or evening.
Avoid night-outs : Those who study late nights, sleep whole day. This is a bad schedule. If you don’t sleep well in the night, you will feel sleepy in school and in your coaching classes. So best is you should sleep for 7 hours any time between 10 PM to 9 AM. Those who don’t get study atmosphere at home in the day time, in worst case they should study till 2.00 AM and get up at 9.00 AM.
Avoid too long or two short sleep hours: It you are sleeping more than 8 hours, stop it immediately. You should target for 7 hours sleep every day. Also avoid day time sleeping for more than 90 minutes. Preferably it should be a nap of 1 hour. Those you could manage to sleep less, I would not recommend a sleep of less than 5-6 hours. If body is tired, mind cannot function properly.
Avoid going to school daily: If you can manage to take school leaves, then you should go school less. But don’t take off from school regularly. I suggest that if possible, go to school not more than 4 times a week. School studies are not going to play important role in your career at this stage. Even school studies should be done just before the exams say 1-2 weeks before exams.
- How to Prepare for IIT JEE Main 2020 during Covid
- What are the Best Books for JEE Main 2020?
- Class XII Marks May Play A Crucial Factor in IIT-JEE from 2011
- IITJEE 2010 Exam Schedule
- IIT-JEE 2009 - OPENING AND CLOSING RANKS FOR COURSES
- JEE Book recommended by Bansal Classes
- IIT-JEE Counseling Brochure Tips and Tricks
- IIT-JEE 2009 Results Declared - Result, Extended Merit List and Toppers
- IITs change Admission Procedure from JEE 2009
- IIT-JEE 2009 Cutoff, Analysis, Open and Closing Ranks of Admitted students
- A Complete Analysis of the IIT-JEE
- IIT JEE 2009 Solutions by Brilliant-Tutorials, FIITJEE, Narayana, Resonance, Prerna, Vidyamandir, Bansal, Career Launcher, Time and Career Point
- AIEEE 2009 Mathematics - Must have Tips and Tricks
- AIEEE 2009 Physics Last Minute Preparation Tips
- Circuit Elements, Mangetic Fields and Inductors - AC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Electrostatics and DC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Shortcuts for solving problems in AIEEE, IITJEE and other engineering exams
- Strategies of problem solving, objective type questions and others for IITJEE, MUST HAVE!!
- How to prepare for IIT JEE 2009 when you have only 4 months in your hand!
- Tips & Strategies for BITSAT, IITJEE and AIEEE 2009
- IIT JEE & AIEEE Tips for Assertion-Reason Type questions in MCQs
- IIT-JEE Cheat Sheets - integral cheatsheet, calculus 2 cheat sheet
- The EASIEST way to crack the TOUGHEST EXAM - The IIT JEE
- IIT - JEE 2009 Syllabus (Chemistry, Physics & Maths)
- IIT - JEE 2009 Detailed Admission Notification (Admission Forms)
- How to apply for IIT - JEE 2009? (Online/Offline)
- IIT JEE 2010 Aspirants - Study Plan
- Top 10 Study Tips For IIT-JEE Prep
- How much YOU should study for IIT JEE
- How To Learn Organic Chemistry
- Bad to worse: In IIT with just 5% in JEE physics - TOI
- FAQs On IIT-JEE - Questions You Generally ASK!!
- [TRICK] THE DOUBLE BOND EQUIVALENCE CONCEPT
- [NEWS] Model Answer Paper to be Available for Public Scrutiny Before Papers are Corrected
- IIT - JEE Examination Schedule - 2009
- Step wise approach to crack IIT - JEE --- An Ex-iitians experience
- 10 golden rules to crack IIT -JEE , AIEEE and other Engineering Examinations
- Prepare for IIT - JEE : Some useful suggestions
- Start your IIT- JEE preparation today
- 10 SMALL TIPS TO CRACK AN EXAMINATION
- Expert Speak: Are you taking 11th seriously?
- CBSE and IIT-JEE are very different exams: Expert
- 7% in maths can get you through IIT-JEE
- IITJEE Simplified : Tip 3 - What is the best way to study Mathematics?
- IITJEE Simplified: Study Tip 1 - How much should I study?
- IIT - JEE Branch Cut-off list of the 2007 admissions
- How Can You Crack AIEEE
- Admission Help: Trends in JEE Counseling From JEE 2003 To JEE 2007
- Admission Help: What To Do After Getting Through IIT JEE
- Availability of Courses In IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee, IT-BHU Varanasi, ISM Dhanbad
- Opening and Closing Ranks of IIT JEE 2007 courses allotted to General, SC and ST Candidates
- How To Study Organic Chemistry
- Admission Help: How to choose the right Engineering Branch ?