“So How many hours should I study“, is one of the classic question that has been asked time and again.
The most interesting thing is that, there is no standard or correct answer to this question - and no wonder this is what is the innate characteristic of the “classic question” [wave/particle duality for example!!]. Since they cannot be answered in one-fits-all fashion so they remain like classic questions forever.
In my counselling session with IIT aspirants this question is one of the most asked question.
I have been mulling over this question for quite sometime and have come up with few points, but before that let me play to you a personal story. Just like in Vikram-Betal fable, I (Betal) would recite a story and finally challenging you (Vikram) with a question which you have to crack….
Ok so here we go….
I was planning to buy a car, but the problem was that I did not know how to drive. I checked around in Koramangala (a place in Bangalore) to find out a good Car Driving School. One of my friend, pointed me to this “Santro Driving School“.
I went to this school and asked them to train me how to drive. The teacher there told me that “I will teach you for 16 days” and you have come for 1/2 hour everyday at 6:30 in the morning”.
I said fine and enrolled myself into the the car training class. I went to the class religiously for 16 days, putting 1/2 hours everyday and to my satisfaction was able to drive with confidence in the stipulated time.
One the last day of my class, while coming back in a jolly mood, I asked myself “I had put 1/2 hour for 16 days, so does that mean, using simple time-work maths, I could have learnt equally well by JUST going for 1 day and driving for 8 hours in that day ???”
:::::Now my dear “Vikram”, answer me this :::::
- Do you think learning would my car driving have been at the same level, had I gone for 8 hours for only 1 day.
- If you answer “Yes”, please explain why.
- If you answer “No”, then please explain where did our “time and work” mathematics go wrong, that we religiously studied in our class 7th/8th.
CLUE : “Even when I was not driving I was actually learning how to drive !!!!!”
The Analysis of this article is in the next article...........[ANALYSIS]
- How to Prepare for IIT JEE Main 2020 during Covid
- What are the Best Books for JEE Main 2020?
- AIEEE 2009 Mathematics - Must have Tips and Tricks
- AIEEE 2009 Physics Last Minute Preparation Tips
- Circuit Elements, Mangetic Fields and Inductors - AC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Electrostatics and DC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Shortcuts for solving problems in AIEEE, IITJEE and other engineering exams
- Strategies of problem solving, objective type questions and others for IITJEE, MUST HAVE!!
- How to prepare for IIT JEE 2009 when you have only 4 months in your hand!
- Tips & Strategies for BITSAT, IITJEE and AIEEE 2009
- IIT JEE & AIEEE Tips for Assertion-Reason Type questions in MCQs
- IIT-JEE Cheat Sheets - integral cheatsheet, calculus 2 cheat sheet
- The EASIEST way to crack the TOUGHEST EXAM - The IIT JEE
- IIT JEE 2010 Aspirants - Study Plan
- Top 10 Study Tips For IIT-JEE Prep
- How much YOU should study for IIT JEE
- How To Learn Organic Chemistry
- [TRICK] THE DOUBLE BOND EQUIVALENCE CONCEPT
- Step wise approach to crack IIT - JEE --- An Ex-iitians experience
- 10 golden rules to crack IIT -JEE , AIEEE and other Engineering Examinations
- Prepare for IIT - JEE : Some useful suggestions
- Start your IIT- JEE preparation today
- 10 SMALL TIPS TO CRACK AN EXAMINATION
- Expert Speak: Are you taking 11th seriously?
- CBSE and IIT-JEE are very different exams: Expert
- 7% in maths can get you through IIT-JEE
- IITJEE Simplified : Tip 3 - What is the best way to study Mathematics?
- IITJEE Simplified : Study Tip 2 - Things I should avoid?
- IITJEE Simplified: Study Tip 1 - How much should I study?
- How Can You Crack AIEEE
- Admission Help: Trends in JEE Counseling From JEE 2003 To JEE 2007
- Admission Help: What To Do After Getting Through IIT JEE
- How To Study Organic Chemistry
- Admission Help: How to choose the right Engineering Branch ?