1. What is K-CET ?
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility / merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates to the first year or first semester of full time courses in Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Unani, Homoeopathy, Naturopathy and Yoga, Engineering, Technology and Architecture courses, in institutions within the State of Karnataka.
2. Which colleges admit students based on their KCET score ?
All colleges coming under the Vishweshvariah Technological University (VTU) admit students based on their K-CET score.
3. What is the syllabus for K-CET ?
The KCET papers are based on the Pre University syllabus (1st PUC and 2nd PUC) prescribed by the Karnataka State Pre university Board.
4. What is the pattern of the K-CET ?
The pattern for the 2008 exam is as follows: There will be a combined paper (2 ½ hours) in Physics and Chemistry and separate papers in Mathematics (70 min) and Biology (70 min.) on April 19, 2008.
5. Time Schedule: The Karnataka Common Entrance Test-2008 for admission to Medical and Dental, Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy and Engineering Technology course will be held on April 19, 2008 as per the following schedule
6. What are the strategies to be adopted for success in K-CET 2008?
Thorough understanding of all concepts
Do not answer questions that you are not sure of. Avoid guesswork.
Solving previous years question papers will go a long way in realising your grey areas as well as enabling you to manage time effectively.
Learn to identify the bookwork questions and do them in the end after you have finished the questions that you know for sure.
PREVIOUS YEARS QUESTION PAPERS WITH KEYANSWERS