Basic power - Chemistry Fact Sheet - 2
|1.||lone pair on N is not used in resonance of -electrons in I. In II lone pair of the ring is itself used in delocalisation while that of outside ring in III.|
|2.||—OCH3 is strong electron donating group. This is due to ortho effect, all the aniline are less basic than p-substituted aniline due to steric hindrance.|
|3.||I (hyper conugation and induction) II (induction) IV (ortho effect), ortho effect normally decreases basic nature.|
|4.||In II there is sp3 hybridised C, In I, sp2. NO2 is electron withdrawing.|
|5.||lone pair on N is used in delocalisation of -electrons in aromatic amines while cyclohexyl is electron repelling (III); in II, lone pair on N is used by two benzene ring.|
|6.||NO2 is electron-withdrawing, thus nitro-anilines are less basic than aniline. IV is less basic than III because —NO2 is closer and exerts a stronger inductive effect.|
|7.||phenyl and —COCH3 are electronwithdra-wing and —C6H5 < COCH3|
|8.||Electron donating nature of C2H5 > CH3 So more basic strength.|
|9.||ortho effect in I.|
|10.||ortho effect in (I)|
- The Concepts of Chemical Equilibrium for IIT-JEE
- AIEEE 2009 Mathematics - Must have Tips and Tricks
- AIEEE 2009 Physics Last Minute Preparation Tips
- Circuit Elements, Mangetic Fields and Inductors - AC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Electrostatics and DC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Periodic Properties - QUICK notes for IITJEE and AIEEE
- Shortcuts for solving problems in AIEEE, IITJEE and other engineering exams
- Strategies of problem solving, objective type questions and others for IITJEE, MUST HAVE!!
- How to prepare for IIT JEE 2009 when you have only 4 months in your hand!
- Tips & Strategies for BITSAT, IITJEE and AIEEE 2009
- IIT JEE & AIEEE Tips for Assertion-Reason Type questions in MCQs
- Chemistry Concepts - Mole concept, Eudiometry, POAC, Limiting Reagent, Chemical Equivalence and Disproportionation reaction
- IIT-JEE Mathematics Cheat Sheets and Tables - Must Have!
- The EASIEST way to crack the TOUGHEST EXAM - The IIT JEE
- IIT JEE 2010 Aspirants - Study Plan
- Top 10 Study Tips For IIT-JEE Prep
- How much YOU should study for IIT JEE
- How To Learn Organic Chemistry
- [TRICK] THE DOUBLE BOND EQUIVALENCE CONCEPT
- Step wise approach to crack IIT - JEE --- An Ex-iitians experience
- 10 golden rules to crack IIT -JEE , AIEEE and other Engineering Examinations
- Prepare for IIT - JEE : Some useful suggestions
- Start your IIT- JEE preparation today
- 10 SMALL TIPS TO CRACK AN EXAMINATION
- Expert Speak: Are you taking 11th seriously?
- CBSE and IIT-JEE are very different exams: Expert
- 7% in maths can get you through IIT-JEE
- IITJEE Simplified : Tip 3 - What is the best way to study Mathematics?
- IITJEE Simplified : Study Tip 2 - Things I should avoid?
- IITJEE Simplified: Study Tip 1 - How much should I study?
- How Can You Crack AIEEE
- Admission Help: Trends in JEE Counseling From JEE 2003 To JEE 2007
- Admission Help: What To Do After Getting Through IIT JEE
- How To Study Organic Chemistry
- Admission Help: How to choose the right Engineering Branch ?
- Admission Help: How to choose an Engineering College ?
- Got a Ranking in Engineering Entrance Exams - Now What ?