To know how to prepare for IIT or PMT(or any other medical or engineering entrance ) read the following carefully.
AUTHOR-J.P.Sinha.Teacher for IIT-JEE/PMT
In India,the moment a student passes out of 10th std., and takes science in 11th/12th he/she all of a sudden receives a big shock.The way different subjects are developed in 10th are so different from that in 11th that many of them get totally overwhelmed.But after one or two months most students get used to the new syllabus.Even then the preparation of IIT/PMT seems impossible to many.Different people respond differently to this seemingly tough situation.But my experience as a teacher ( I have been teaching PHYSICS/MATHS to 11th/12th students of science in Delhi as home tutor for the last several years!) says that there is no need to panic at all.
A student should divide the work of IIT/PMT preparation into two stages.
Initially students should simply concentrate on their basic NCERT syllabus. NCERT books are very good for basic concept building.They are also not very lengthy.So one can easily finish the entire 11th 12th syllabus in six months if one is sincere.During this stage, while they are studing NCERT texts, students should practice MCQ problem solving from any popular private publication books e.g. Pradeep,Dinesh etc.For really speedy completion of syllabus according to this plan, personal home tuition may be taken in each subject.In this way, within the first six-seven months of 11th class, the entire 2 syllabus will be completed at the basic level along with some good amount of problem solving practice for the students.I would also like to emphasise that students should also make it their habbit to keep revising what they have already studied at regular intervals(say,on weekly basis).Many students take admission in big coachings in the beginning of the class 11th .Most such students never get selected in any IIT/PMT institution.Why?!…. Very simple!. In these coachings, in the name of advanced preparation, blind problem solving is promoted.There, basic concepts are not taught properly, and just formulae are discussed as part of theory teaching.Then right away, very tough questions are introduced to be solved.These questions generally pass over the head of most students.The teacher solves those questions in the class or sometimes students are given printed solutions of the assingments from their institute.Students try to learn those solutions without learning the art that "How to solve a new question by applying systemetic thiking to it with the help of basic concepts?"
- How to Prepare for IIT JEE Main 2020 during Covid
- What are the Best Books for JEE Main 2020?
- AIEEE 2009 Mathematics - Must have Tips and Tricks
- AIEEE 2009 Physics Last Minute Preparation Tips
- Circuit Elements, Mangetic Fields and Inductors - AC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Electrostatics and DC Circuits Formula Sheet for IIT-JEE and AIEEE
- Shortcuts for solving problems in AIEEE, IITJEE and other engineering exams
- Strategies of problem solving, objective type questions and others for IITJEE, MUST HAVE!!
- How to prepare for IIT JEE 2009 when you have only 4 months in your hand!
- Tips & Strategies for BITSAT, IITJEE and AIEEE 2009
- IIT JEE & AIEEE Tips for Assertion-Reason Type questions in MCQs
- IIT-JEE Cheat Sheets - integral cheatsheet, calculus 2 cheat sheet
- The EASIEST way to crack the TOUGHEST EXAM - The IIT JEE
- IIT JEE 2010 Aspirants - Study Plan
- Top 10 Study Tips For IIT-JEE Prep
- How much YOU should study for IIT JEE
- How To Learn Organic Chemistry
- [TRICK] THE DOUBLE BOND EQUIVALENCE CONCEPT
- Step wise approach to crack IIT - JEE --- An Ex-iitians experience
- 10 golden rules to crack IIT -JEE , AIEEE and other Engineering Examinations
- Prepare for IIT - JEE : Some useful suggestions
- Start your IIT- JEE preparation today
- 10 SMALL TIPS TO CRACK AN EXAMINATION
- Expert Speak: Are you taking 11th seriously?
- CBSE and IIT-JEE are very different exams: Expert
- 7% in maths can get you through IIT-JEE
- IITJEE Simplified : Tip 3 - What is the best way to study Mathematics?
- IITJEE Simplified : Study Tip 2 - Things I should avoid?
- IITJEE Simplified: Study Tip 1 - How much should I study?
- How Can You Crack AIEEE
- Admission Help: Trends in JEE Counseling From JEE 2003 To JEE 2007
- Admission Help: What To Do After Getting Through IIT JEE
- How To Study Organic Chemistry
- Admission Help: How to choose the right Engineering Branch ?